News Consular Information Consulate Polish community
VISA REPRESENTATION TO LATVIA
Cooperation with Latvia enables easier access to Latvian visas in Los Angeles
Pursuant to the Polish-Latvian agreement inhabitants of 15 western states of the U.S. travelling to Latvia may apply for Schengen visas in the Consulate of the Republic of Poland in Los Angeles.This has been made possible thanks to an annex to the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Poland and the Government of the Republic of Latvia on mutual visa representation, signed in Riga on 13 February 2013 by Polish Foreign Minister Radosław Sikorski and Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs.
The Agreement applies to Schengen visas (short stay up to 90 days), i.e. those that enable the holder to enter and stay in the territory of the Schengen Area for no longer than 3 months within a 6-month period.
It does not cover visas granted for the purposes of employment, study, or other activities that require a permit.
The Consulate General of Poland in Los Angeles is designated and competent to processes visa applications from 15 western US states i.e.: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.
Submitting the visa application by appointment only
1. The visa application shall be submited to:
Consulate General of the Republic of Poland
12400 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 555, Los Angeles, CA 90025
Front desk opening hours, except National Holidays:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Thursday 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
2. The applicant shall appear in person when submitting visa application. Third party submission is not accepted. The application shall be submitted no more than 3 months before the start of the intended visit.
3. Only valid Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) or valid US Resident Visa type A, E, F (with endorsed I-20), G, H, I, J plus J1 documents, L, O, R are accepted to proof of your legal residency in the USA and as a re-entry document.
The US residence permit or visa should be valid at least three months beyond the intended departure from the territory of Latvia or other Member States (Schengen).
4. When submitting visa application to LATVIA, all supporting documents shall be translated into English.
5. When you apply for visa you have to submit documents verifying the reason for entry and the anticipated place of residence, documents indicating that a letter of invitation has been approved by the Latvian Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs of the Ministry of the Interior http://www.pmlp.gov.lv/en/ (English)
^6. For visa enquires e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310 442 8500 ext. 806
Only electronically registered visa application form is accepted.
The applicant must submit all required documents. The visa application will not be processed if the applicant fails to comply with the requirements.
Visa processing time is up to 15 days, but in some cases the procedure may be extended.SEE MORE