• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland




    - FIRST read visa requirements below and gather all necessary documents, the  application will not be processed if the applicant fails to comply with requirements.

    - SECOND schedule an appointment through the website and complete your application online, then print it out and sign. 

    - THIRD submit in person the hard copy of your application along with other required documents (see details below) to the Polish Consulate in Los Angeles on the day of your appointment.


    REMEMBER the visa application (hard copy) MUST be submited in person to the Polish Consulate. The visa processing time is up to 15 days but in some cases it may be extended. It is applicant's responsibility to take all necessary measures to submit visa documents on time.


    GENERAL VISA REQUIREMENTS (for more specific requirements please scroll down)


    Each applicant shall submit ELECTRONICALLY REGISTERED, COMPLETED, DATED and SIGNED application (go to Visa Registration).

    Persons included in the applicant's travel document shall submit a separate application form.

    Minors shall submit an application form signed by a person exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship together with confirming documents  e.g. birth certificate, parents ID's, court's judgement and also parent's letter of consent for travelling abroad is required.

    2. PASSPORT/Travel Document satisfying the following criteria:

    -its validity shall extend at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States or, in the case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States;

    -it shall contain at least 2 blank pages;

    -it shall have been issued within the previous 10 years. 

    3.  PROOF OF LEGAL RESIDENCE in the USA and valid re-entry document:

    -original of Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) or notarized copy,

    -or valid US resident visa type A, E, F (with endorsed I-20), G, H, I, J plus J1 documents, L, O, R;

    Tourists and visitors with US visa type B1/B2 and J1 Summer Work Travel visas must apply in their country of residence.

    The US residence permit or visa should be valid at least three months beyond the intended departure from the territory of Poland or other Member States (Schengen).

    4. PHOTO

    two passport size biometric photographs (photo requirements);

    5. VISA FEE  $ 72 (see exceptions): 

    forms of payment accepted: cash, money order or cashier's check issued to "Consulate General of Poland".

    Personal checks are not accepted;

    Please also note, that visa fees are not refundable;


    The document/letter from the health insurance company stating coverage with a minimum of 30.000 EURO (ca. $50.000) for trips outside the U.S. valid for Poland and other Schengen Countries, copy of healthcare card is not sufficient.

    If you do not have insurance or your insurance company cannot provide such specific letter, you must purchase insurance for the entire duration of your trip and present a proof of purchase with zero deductible;

    We recommend to extend the validity of your travel medical insurance policy for additional 14 days in case of any unexpected travel delays, and in that case the visa could also be extended and will give you more flexibility during your trip.



    -last 3 bank account statements with name and address of owner(s),

    -or proof of regular income e.g. pay slips of last 3 months,

    -or student loan agreement;

    A minimum of $35 per day is required to cover travel expences while in Poland.


    or UTILITY BILLS with applicant`s name as a proof of residence in our consular region.

    9. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS according to the purpose of the visit - read details below.



    Visas are usually issued within 1 - 2 weeks after receipt of complete documentation. The decision on the time required to consider and process a visa application is made in each case by the Consul, depending on the type of the visa, the nationality and the US residency rights of the applicant, the completion of all the necessary documents and the season of the year.

    Personal situation of the applicant, unfortunately, cannot be taken into account. It is the applicant's responsibility to take all necessary measures to lodge his/her application on time. 




       TOURIST VISA type C 

       additional - travel itinerary/hotel reservation, flight reservation;


    additional - registered invitation in Local Governor's Office in Poland from friends/relatives,  flight reservation;

    BUSINESS TRIP type C   

    additional - business references (letter from US employer, invitation from Polish company or organization, stating that it will bear all accumulating expenses), proof of hotel reservation and flight reservation;

    SCHOOL TRIP type C  

    additional - letter from school/college, that indicate in particular proof of sponsorship,  purpose of visit, contact details, the address of the accommodation, trip itinerary, the length of the stay, flight reservation;

    STUDENT VISA type D   

    additional - letter of acceptance from Polish university;


    additional - letter of invitation from Polish organizer,  institution or university, hotel reservation, flight reservation;

    WORK VISA type D with employment authorisation

    A person who intend to work in Poland must have the Work Permit, a document issued by the Wojewoda Office (Urzad Wojewodzki). In order to receive work permit your Polish employer must first file a petition to the Wojewoda Office in Poland. The original document must be submitted to the Polish Consulate along with other required documents, see the list in pdf. Work visas are issued for multiple entries and can be valid for as long as the work permit is valid, but no longer than one year (365 days).

    The Polish Consulate in Los Angeles processes only visa applications from 15 western US states including Alaska and Hawaii. Work visa can be issued only by the Consulate in whose territorial jurisdiction the applicant legally resides.  A foreigner intending to work in Poland must enter the country with valid work visa, as no visas can be obtained in Poland. The person intending to stay in Poland longer than three months should apply for a residence card after arrival in Poland.

    Employment without prior authorization is strictly prohibited.

    English language teachers (native speakers) planning to work in Poland must provide an original document of Employment Letter signed by the school's authorised representative.

     TRANSIT VISA type C  

    Trip Plan, flight reservations or other proof of intended transport, proof of hotel booking, visa of the country of next destination (if required); information enabling an assessment of the applicant's intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiration of the visa applied for.


    An airport transit visa shall be valid for transiting through the international transit areas of the airports situated on the territory of Member States. It does not entitle the holder to leave the transit zone of the airport. Airport transit visas are issued to citizens of: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Congo (Democratic Republic), Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Sudan.

    The applicant shall also present:

    Documents in relation to the onward journey to the final destination after the intended airport transit (airline tickets/visa if required);

    Information enabling an assessment of the applicant's intention not to enter the territory of the Member State. 


    Note: Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care, we cannot accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.

    Print Print Share: